Owner/Publisher: ICPDR – International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River, Vienna, firstname.lastname@example.org; Executive Editor: Hélène Masliah-Gilkarov; Editor: Jake Friedly; Design: Wagesreiter & Polaschek Grafikdesign; Print: Bernsteiner Media GmbH; Online publishing: Alex Höbart; Cover photo: © Jan Volkermer, Impressions of the Climate Ride; Back cover collage: Danube Art Master 2020 Artworks.
Danube Watch is the official magazine of ICPDR, the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River. Danube Watch enhances regional cooperation and information sharing on sustainable water management and environmental protection in the Danube River Basin. It reports on current issues affecting the Danube Basin, and on action taken to deal with challenges in the river basin. Striving for scientific accuracy while remaining concise, clear and readable, it is produced for the wide range of people who are actively involved in the Danube River Basin and are working for the improvement of its environment.
The ICPDR accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to information or opinions of the authors of the articles in this issue.
For a free subscription to Danube Watch, or to contribute to Danube Watch, please contact email@example.com
- Dear readers, Climate change and environmental degradation are an existential threat to Europe and the world which requires drastic steps coupled with extraordinary levels of cooperation
- EU Announces Three Public Consultations On Climate Action Three online public consultations being run by DG CLIMA are currently underway, focusing on three essential actions by the EU
- The European Green Deal: Cultivating a Strong Future The ever-looming threats that climate change and environmental degradation pose to humanity globally cannot be denied or ignored
- 15 Years of Cooperation and Fruitful Partnership The International Sava River Basin Commission celebrates 15 years of successful management of the Sava River Basin. The Sava
- Practical Guidelines on Planning Natural and Small Water Retention in River Basins Despite the significant progress across Europe towards achieving good ecological and chemical status
- Danube Day 2020! Due to the various restrictions on public gatherings throughout the Danube River Basin as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic, many of this year's Danube
- When Time Spent in the Water Pans Out: Gold Hunting in the Danube We already know that the Danube and its tributaries are valuable treasures. But could it be that the Danube is littered
- Climate Ride: Cycling 800 Kilometres Along the Danube to Raise Money for Climate Action How to fundraise for Climate Change? Doing a “cycling challenge” seemed a great way
- Vienna and its Waters: an Environmental History T ourists visiting Vienna are often disappointed to discover that the historical centre of Vienna is located on a small canal, but
- An Interview with Andreas Beckmann Andreas Beckmann, Regional CEO of the WWF Central and Eastern Europe Danube Watch: What is your personal relationship to the Danube, and
- Danube Kayak Expedition 2020 To Celebrate Danube Day 2020, the Global Water Partnership – Central and Eastern Europe Decided to go on a Splashing Adventure. F rom the 19th
- Dear Danube Family, On June 29th each year, the 14 countries of the Danube River Basin jointly celebrate one of Europe’s greatest river systems, along with its people and the
Danube Watch 2/2020 (3.5 MB) 15 YEARS OF DEDICATION: The Interational Sava River Basin Commission DANUBE RIDERS: Fighting Climate Change by Bike WATER-CITY: A History of Vienna’s Relationship to its Waterways