The Financial Administration Officer (FAO) is a member of the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR) permanent secretariat staff.
The FAO is responsible for the financial administration of the ICPDR and overall accounting.
- Payroll and staff contracting
- Invoice processing
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, balance sheets
- Preparation of annual statements
- Maintaining accounts and records
- Expenses management
- Intimate understanding of Austrian social insurance and tax system
- Preparation for annual external audit
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations with Contracting Parties of the Commission
The FAO will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary. The successful candidate will be a fluid, independent employee able to work autonomously as the sole staff member responsible for accounting and payroll.
The initial period of employment is three years with a possibility for extension. We are seeking a long-term employee to join the Secretariat and fill-in this position. Qualification requirements are preferably 5 years of relevant experience; high level of proficiency in German and good command of English.
The position is available from 1st October 2019 at the ICPDR Secretariat, Vienna International Center.
Nationals of EU countries, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, or Ukraine are welcome to apply.
Deadline for application: 30 August 2019 at 18:00
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 3,000.00€ to 3,500.00€ /month
The application should include a motivation letter and a CV and should be sent by e-mail to:
Ivan Zavadsky, ICPDR Executive Secretary
Wagramer Strasse 5