1st Joint Statement Meeting: Minutes (1008.23 KB) Minutes of the 1st Meeting on the Follow-up of the Joint Statement (Budapest, 29-30 January 2009)
- Annex 1: AGENDA, January 29-30, 2009, BUDAPEST (98.42 KB)
- Annex 2: List of Participants, January 29-30, 2009, BUDAPEST (56.42 KB)
- SAVOLSKIY: WELCOME BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE DANUBE COMMISSION (29.53 KB)
- PEIJS: NEW PERSPECTIVES ON THE INTEGRATED WATERWAY TRANSPORT IN EUROPE AND ALONG THE DANUBE (16.74 KB)
- SCHINDLER&TOMIC: DANUBE COMMISSION ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD OF IWT AND ECOLOGY (340.26 KB)
- KOMATINA: SAVA COMMISSION AND THE JOINT STATEMENT (15.05 KB)
- WELLER: PROGRESS AND CURRENT STATUS OF THE JOINT STATEMENT- THE ICPDR POINT OF VIEW (555.84 KB)
- VOGEL: IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WFD IN THE DANUBE BASIN (1.67 MB)
- DEMETER: INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATURA 2000 NETWORK ALONG WATERWAYS (730.73 KB)
- VERSCHELDE: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE DANUBE REGION (45.68 KB)
- MUILERMAN/FASTENBAUER: THE EU PLATINA PROJECT AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FOR THE DANUBE BASIN (880.59 KB)
- RUSCHE: THE POTENTIAL OF NON-STRUCTURAL MEASURES TO IMPROVE IWT IN THE DANUBE BASIN (182.21 KB)
- ZINKE: INTERDISCIPLINARY DIALOGUE ON IWT INFRASTRUCTURE PREPARATION (PLATINA SWP 5.3) (118.33 KB)
- LUCIUS/RAST: PERSPECTIVES FOR IWT IN THE DANUBE REGION FROM A NGO POINT OF VIEW (675.06 KB)
- MARTIN: ACTIONS FOR ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION OF THE FREE PORT OF GIURGIULESTI (MOLDOVA) (899.29 KB)
- RIMSCHA: STATE OF NAVIGATIONAL BOTTLENECKS IN THE GERMAN SECTION (1.08 MB)
- GRILL: INTEGRATED RIVER ENGINEERING PROJECT ON THE DANUBE TO THE EAST OF VIENNA (753.28 KB)
- SRSNOVA: REMOVAL OF BOTTLENECKS ON THE SLOVAK DANUBE (1.57 MB)
- MARTON: SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF INLAND WATERWAYS TRANSPORT IN HUNGARY (141.81 KB)
- MIHAILOVIC: INLAND WATERWAYS OF THE REGION (SERBIA-CROATIA) (390.33 KB)
- BABIC MLADENOVIC: UNSTABLE BED AND BANKS OF THE DANUBE RIVER AT THE "APATIN" SECTOR (984.66 KB)
- TADIC: PRELIMINARY DESIGN FOR THE DANUBE REACH FROM 1400 TO 1410 KM (1.82 MB)
- BALCU: ISPA 2: DANUBE RIVER BETWEEN IRON GATE II (RKM 863) AND CALARASI (RKM 375) (1.08 MB)
- MILKOVIC: REHABILITATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF NAVIGATION ON THE SAVA RIVER (1.58 MB)
- BERNABEI: INTERVENTION ON BEHALF OF MR. J. SCHEELE REPRESENTING THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION AT THE BUDAPEST WORKSHOP ON JOINT STATEMENT INITIATIVE FOLLOW-UP (34.19 KB)
Historically, the Danube and some of its tributaries have formed important trade routes across Europe. The harnessing of these rivers to facilitate navigation has radically changed their physical and ecological characteristics, while pollution from ships and boats is also a problem. In order to address this problem, the ICPDR is undertaking various activities.
In October 2007, a "Joint Statement on Inland Navigation and Environmental Sustainability in the Danube River Basin" was concluded and very positively received by stakeholders. In the years that followed, the responsible government authorities and interest groups met again to discuss the progress achieved so far and how to improve the application of the Joint Statement in waterway projects. These meetings continue.
Between April and October 2007, an integrated stakeholder dialogue was conducted by ICPDR, Danube Commissson and the International Sava Commission. Main activities were 3 workshops and the drafting of the Joint Statement document.
The meeting proceedings and various presentations of the second follow-up meeting in Zagreb (9 - 10 March 2010) are given below. The proceedings will soon be available.